As I look at this gray day in March, it’s hard to picture a warm night in July. The calendar doesn’t lie – four months until the Sky Concert will happen. In the meantime we will be holding our annual City Garage Sale (register now) and planning for 4th of July. If you have ever thought about volunteering, we would welcome you with open arms! Contact bataviafireworksIL@gmail.com for more information!
The snow is melting slowly. The groundhog saw his shadow. The children are getting restless. You are most likely itching for warmer weather. These final weeks of winter can be the hardest but before you know it, spring will be at your door step. With spring comes a wonderful time of year…garage sale season.
You may be thinking that it is too soon to start thinking about having a garage sale but that couldn’t be further from the truth. Now is the best time to start gathering items to sell. Spend a couple weekends going through your home and before you know it, your house will be purged and organized just in time for you to want to enjoy the fresh spring air.
How to gather items for your garage sale:
- Clothing and jewelry – If you haven’t worn it in a year, add it to the sale.
- Dishes, containers, kitchen gadgets – downsize and simplify. Do you really need all of those measuring spoons?
- Sheets, blankets, and random bedding – 1 or 2 backup sets is all you really need for each bed.
- Toys – Anything your kids have outgrown or don’t play with anymore.
- Tools – Trust me, there will never be a time that you will need 5 flat head screwdrivers. 1 or 2 of each tool in each size should do the trick.
- Shoes – The unwanted, the outgrown, and the outdated need to go.
- Books – If you will never read it again, sell it. If you have no intention of ever reading it, sell it. Duplicates, sell it. If your kids have outgrown it, sell it.
- Electronics – Will you use it again? Do you kids use it anymore? No? Sell it.
- Nick nacks – Can you remember where you bought it? Who gave it to you? Does it bring back any memories? Do you even like it anymore? No? Sell it.
- Household items and furniture – Simplify. If it doesn’t serve a purpose and doesn’t make you smile, sell it.
- Baby gear and clothing – New moms everywhere rejoice when they find a sale filled with stuff they can use for their families.
What other tips do you have for de-cluttering your home? We’d love to hear about them!
Don’t forget to sign your sale up for the Batavia City-Wide Garage Sale (April 29th & 30th). It is a perfect way to make the most out of your sale and help us raise money for our 4th of July Firework’s show! All you have to do is register then get your sale ready! We do the rest! You can sign up online or download the registration form here on our website!